[OM] Re: Bean bags and tripods

Subject: [OM] Re: Bean bags and tripods
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:21:05
Bill, my beanbags are, literally, bags of beans. Straight from the supermarket. I put one in a heavy duty ziplock freezer bag for reinforcement. That's it. Haven't lost any beans yet.

Small to medium size beans seem best for nestling around the camera and lens. Being a Texan I use pinto beans.

If you prefer something fancier try a gun shop or store that specializes in shooting sports. They'll either carry heavy duty vinyl bags that you can fill yourself, or some will use emptied bags of bulk lead shot and refill 'em. Be sure they're refilled with beans, tho', not sand.
Lex Jenkins
"Yeah. Me. Baby. Love. Dig. More. Night. All. You. She. Car. My. Her. Top. Down." - Assemble it yourself rock song

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:48:51 -0700
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone know a good source for beanbags? I'd like to give this a
try.