Re: [OM] [OT] Ah, chocolate...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Ah, chocolate...
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:04:53 +0100
Garth

I have good news for you and other chocolate afficionados: the stuff with lots of cocoa butter (at least 50 0.000000or my money) in is good for you and is not fattening! I heard it a few years ago on the radio so it *must* be true (it was the BBC after all). Since then I have made it my mission to check the veracity of this assertion ;-). The Continental chocolates are, for me, the best... the darker the better.

OM content: perhaps I could make it a project to photograph chocolate beautifully - before eating it carefully ;-).

Chris

Actually, Les, there are some two *hundred* grades of chocolate world-wide (I know this because I used to date a young lady who worked for Bernard Callebaut chocolateries here in Canada). Bernard Callebaut, who came to Alberta from Belgium in the early 1980s, and whose family had been making Belgian chocolates for five generations, uses only Grade #1. YUM. Not very sweet (reagrdless of the "darkness" of the chocolate), and with extra cocoa butter. Damn, they're good. A female friend of mine refers to 'em as "orgasms in a box."

One Christmas, B.C. had shipped an extra carton of a chocolate known as "Hexad" (dark chocolate, hazelnut/chocolate cream filling, oh baby) to the south-side Edmonton store from his head office and chocolaterie in Calgary, and the proprietor asked me if I wanted it. He charged me $20.00 for the box, which was approximately 2.5 kgs of the stuff, and worth (at the time) about $200.00. It was virtually all I ate for the next week -- never got sick of the stuff!
--
~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker