[OM] [OT] An observation (Was: [OT] Chili)

Subject: [OM] [OT] An observation (Was: [OT] Chili)
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:34:53 -0000
Hi,

I notice that several people have asked, both obliquely and directly, that the discussion on various hot spices (i.e. chili) be dropped. And, yet, not one mention by anyone of wanting the just-as-off-topic discussion of aircraft (and other) ammunition dropped.
Interesting!

You're right, I too kinda noticed that...

Now, as I more or less started the aircraft/ammunition threads, I apologise for it having gone so much OT. It actually started as an off-list message exchange between Gary Edwards, Chris Barker and myself, but then I read some two or three more replies about it on-list and decided to keep the list in the loop on a couple of messages about the rounds/bullets/projectiles/casings/etc I have at home so I could successfully identify them with the help of others. Partially this worked, so I'm grateful to everyone who helped me out a bit.

In a way, something slightly on topic also came out of it, as there is now a page with ammo pictures taken with OM gear ;) And soon I will add some pictures of the artillery shells that were requested by Jerry (I will let you know when they're there). :)

Then, as a fellow chocoholic and semi-hothead, I was very much inclined to jump on the chocolate/chili threads as well, but decided not to do so because of the sheer volume of on list ammunition messages which were more or less started by me.

Finally, I apologise for having started the ammunition thread, and suggest we honour the request of the list members to take the ammunition/chocolate/chili threads off list from now on.

Cheers!
Olafo