Re: [OM] Handy copy stand

Subject: Re: [OM] Handy copy stand
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:58:16 +0100
: I suspect that's a device intended for use with Olympus' compact cameras
: (35 RC, RD, DC, et al), in conjunction with the 40cm(?) close-up filter
: (43.5mm diameter).  Something fitting this description is illustrated in
: many of the instruction manuals for the early compact Olympus cameras
: along with the other accessories.  I would assume it's designed to work
: only with 43.5mm filter rings, but can't be sure - I'll check my books
: at work tomorrow....

The Handy Copy Stand for OM has a 49mm thread for standard lenses with
close-up lens or for the 50mm/F3.5 macro. For the 55mm/F1.2 lens you would
need an adapter ring. What makes the thing really handy besides size and
weight is that the various heights at which it can be set are marked and
calibrated for the standard copy sizes A4, A5 and A6.

Olympus made at least three similar devices for Pen cameras: Pen Up 1 (24mm
thread for Pen, S2.8, S3.5), Pen Up 2 (D) (for lenses up to 45mm), Pen Up 3
(43mm thread, for the Pen F, Pen D and Pen EE). The copy stand for Pen F
looks almost identical to the Handy Copy Stand for OM, judging from its
picture. The only difference would be the 43mm vs. 49mm thread.

I've seen a similar device from Leitz.

hnz