Re: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens
From: "c.e. packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:03:07 -0600
The price is high for this lens even in ex condition.
Check Skip Williams eBay history:
http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/olympus_top.htm

I don't own the 50 f/1.2 but I've read that the 55mm produces a softer
image. Check Gary Reese's lens test  page:
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

The 55 f/1.2 is an older lens and no longer produced. It is single
coated (if that metters) and a list member related that the coating on
the 55 f/1.2 tends to change color with age. As I recall it becomes more
amber.

IMO I really like my 55 f/1.2 it has a slight yellow coloration, so I
guess the coating hasn't been affected yet. I reaaly like the lens, it
has pretty much replaced my 50 f/1.4.
Charles Packard