RE: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:35:29 +0000
At 21:39 1/12/01, James N. McBride wrote:
I recently bought a 55mm f1.2 for $175. As I recall the 50mm 1.2 lenses were
all multicoated and the 55mm were sometimes but not always.

All the 50/1.2 are "MC" but I don't believe any of them are marked as the production of the started after the "MC" marking was dropped from the lens rings.

Everything I've seen states there never were any 55/1.2 MC formulations. I find it rather odd this lens would be SC, but then the 50/1.4 did not start as an MC lens either. Someone else mentioned the yellowish cast to the glass and that they're a bit softer than the other standard focal length lenses. This could be an advantage if someone's "vision" is for a "softer" rendition.

-- John