[OM] Re: [OT] response to tripod thread....

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] response to tripod thread....
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:53:35
Bill, contact cement or something similar should work fine for reattaching the original material or new material to the camera mounting surface of the tripod head. I've used ordinary Duro contact cement to reattach the rubbery surface on one of my 'pod heads.

Regarding a replacement surface, you can find sheets of rubber (usually red, sometimes black) - around 6"x6" - at most hardware stores. I've used the stuff for all kinds of makeshift repairs - stays pliable for years and resists splitting very well. Another possibility would be a sheet of a carpet-like material used on some furniture gliders. Dunno whether these are too thick for your TiltAll tho'.
===
Lex
===

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:44:19 EST
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx

...the covering on the base where you attach the camera always seems to twist off with time and I'm not real sure what to replace it with...