Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Buy OM your life may depend on it

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Buy OM your life may depend on it
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:00:22 -0700
At 06:00 AM 1/13/2001 +0000, Lex Jenkins wrote:
>You'd think the stench would tell even an ignoramous those weren't cattle.
>While I'm willing to eat anything at least once, I'm not sure I can believe
>that buffalo can possibly taste good considering how bad they stink.

Actually, there's several places in Edmonton where you can buy buffalo meat,
even more where you can buy "beefalo" meat (yes, it's a true genetic cross
between buffalo and domesticated cattle), and it's quite tasty -- way more
flavour than beef.  Had my first taste of buffalo back in the mid-80s at the
University of Alberta's "Power Plant" watering hole, where they served buffalo
burgers (not to mention copious quantities of cheap beer).

Main problem with buffalo meat: it's really lean, and takes best to "moist
heat" cooking methods (slow frying in oil, stewing, etc.).

OM content: hey, none that I can think of.

Garth

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.  Unless there are
three other people."

   -- Orson Welles