Re: [OM] Yellow Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellow Pics
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:06:49 EST
In a message dated 1/13/01 5:19:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> You can try an 80A color correction filter for "tungsten" light to
>  "daylight" film.  These filters are for tungsten studio floodlights, not
>  ordinary household lamps which are even "warmer."  The filter is a deep
>  blue with a 4X correction factor (4X = two stops; ISO 200 effectively
>  becomes ISO 50).  You can also use tungsten balanced film . . . if you
know
>  you are going to shoot the entire roll available light under incandescent
>  lighting.

O.K. thanks John, and Doris, and Hans!  Now I have an excuse to go back to
the camera store for another filter.  I've never done much in the way of
flash or indoor photography (obviously), so this is a whole new ballgame for
me.  Family is becoming more important to me as I get older, and no one else
seems to be into photography (but bro-in-law is coming along), so I see
myself doing a lot more family pics (which means indoors, under available
light, sometimes).

I'll ask the guys at the camera store about their recommendations for films
to use.  Tungsten balanced film doesn't sound like something that one would
find at the local Safeway/drug store.... And I don't like the idea of putting
a filter on over a Zuiko and losing two f-stops.  I don't have the 50mm f/1.2
(yet...), so I want all the speed the film provides....

Got my homework cut out for me, it seems.... (of course, I could just use
flash and skip the homework).

Rich