RE: [OM] OT Windows 98 Defrag Problems

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Windows 98 Defrag Problems
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:09:12 -0500
Sometimes other programs running will interfere.  Make sure nothing else is
running before attempting to run Defrag.
Sometimes it is best to reboot and run Defrag first after rebooting.

Brian P. Huber

  Perhaps some of you computer techies can help us with a problem.  We are
  running Windows 98 2nd Edition on AMD K6 on a 6GB hard drive.  All has
been
  well with defragmentation until last night.  The system will not Check for
  Errrors and when one attempts to start the Defrag it will begin with
Checking
  for Errors, do 2% and then go back to 0, doing this over and over.  We set
  the computer to Defrag overnight, it never got past the point of Check for
  Errors to begin Defraging.

  We use a Cable modem and have Napster on the computer.  There does not
appear
  to be any problem with the operation of the computer other than that it
will
  not do Scan Disk, Check for Errors or Defrag.

  Any thoughts?

  Dave Dougherty