Re: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55/1.2 Lens
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:07:01 -0700
On 14 Jan 2001, at 20:57, JUANITA M. ALMEDA wrote:

> Indeed we can only hope, at the end of the day it might work out better if
> most of us Olympus afficionados belonged to this webring knowing each other
> well enough to establish a culture of honesty and good faith. Then that
> would work better than technicalities such as escrows etc. Then we would
> not as often have to take risks on Ebay.

Yes, there *are* lots of people on this list who go above and beyond
honesty and good faith!  I've had several people send me stuff, some of
it pretty valuable, for free just because I needed it and they didn't. I've
also had others send me stuff to evaluate before I've had to plunk down
my hard-earned money.  I even had one list member pay the cost of
sending me stuff to evaluate, and then extend me credit to pay for it over
time!

However...  and I really *hate* having to say this...  I've had a couple of
bad experiences with listmembers.  (SIGH!)  No, no names will be
mentioned, and no horror stories will be told (they *know* who they are
but, apparently, they can live with their bad karma!).  Let's just say that
as a reflection of real life this list also has some bad apples.  Again, I
wish it weren't so, but it is.

Regards, with sadness....

Chris