Re: [OM] Digital trends (Very LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital trends (Very LONG)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:20:41 +0800
Richard,

Ok, I think we all know how ink printing quality compare with photo quality
as we all have eyes to see. You just try to say traditional one is better. I
agree with you it is better, but very very little. A good ink printing is
acceptable to most people but the very demanding one. You raise a bad sample
of what photo books of Andreas Feininger look (I never seen one before), but
it could be just a poor example from poor preparation and printing. It
doesn't mean ink printing is that poor, I think you must have some very good
one around.

For the DC, we know what is their CURRENT capability and how it will go.
Taking the movie camera to compare the speed is a bad example. Will you take
a movie camera to shoot still? Does your movie camera have 1/10000s? Memory
speed is a limitation of today, tomorrow the speed will double, four
times.... and more. We are talking about consumer accessible device, no
matter today or tomorrow, not some very special industrial device.

C.H.Ling