Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Examples of the slower lens being the better choice?
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:41:52 -0500
Hey, the 50/1.2 is only 85-90 grams heavier than the 1.8. Not a huge
weight penalty.

Tom

On 5 Jan 2001, at 10:36, sayeth Winsor Crosby <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >  >I'm a true proponent of the original OM-1 theory.  Small and light.  I
> >>almost always prefer the smaller lens to the larger lens.
> >
> >I'm thinking that the slower lenses were built as "starter" or "amatuer"
> >lenses, and the faster ones built as "professional". I don't have any really
> >fast zuiko lenses, mostly because I can't afford them, not because I don't
> >want them. But, the slow lenses are "good enough" for my use, and certainly
> >easier to carry around. I do have some faster third party lenses that I
> >rarely use, except for a Sigma 18mm/f2.8 that I really like, inspite of the
> >fact that it's performance is not that good.
> >--
> >Be Seeing You.
> >Dirk Wright
> >
> I think that the statements when the OMs came out set the pole a
> little higher.  They said the goal was smaller, lighter, and quality
> equal to or better than anybody else's lenses. The later lenses were
> true "push the envelope" lenses many of which have not been bettered
> by Oly competitors.
Tom Trottier <TomATrottier@ home.com> ICQ: 57647974
        Abacurial Information Technology Consulting
400 Slater St. Suite 415, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
    __o  +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412 (877)247-8796
 _ \ <    Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
(+)/'(+)   http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera
   Mensa Ottawa: http://www.egroups.com/MensaOttawa