[OM] Olympus Camedia PhotoAlbum error #3445

Subject: [OM] Olympus Camedia PhotoAlbum error #3445
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:10:05 -0500
Sorry, Jacques, I have no experience with this application but I will
put on my software developer's hat and take a guess.  It seems clear
that there is a problem either creating a new database or opening an
already existing database.  Since you didn't mention trying to create a
new one and you said this occurs in "the opening" I will assume that the
error message means:
1) The existing database was found but can't be opened or
2) The existing database was not found.

If the existing database was not found it may be that
1) it was moved by you to a different drive or directory (possibly my an
application mover)
2) it was deleted or renamed by you (maybe unintentionally)
3) or the Windows registry (or other database location information) has
been corrupted

If the existing database was found but can't be opened then
1) the database file has been damaged somehow or
2) the application has been damaged somehow, perhaps by installing
another application
  (but you said you re-installed which usually fixes this) or
3) perhaps you are out of disk space.  I don't think this one is too
likely but maybe the    application attemts to allocate some space on
startup even though you haven't asked it to do    anything yet.

There are probably a few others that I haven't thought of yet but, in
any case, I think you will need help from Olympus tech support for this
PhotoAlbum software.  I hope you have made a backup copy of the
database.  Two years of work is a lot to lose.

Good luck
Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA
Jacques Segalen said:
  I used since  two years the OLYMPUS CAMEDIA PhotoAlbum software
Recently in the opening I had the following message:
 " Error #3445 - Error by creating or by reaching the data base "
I have uninstalled the Software and installed it again...
 I  always have the same message in the opening.
Could anybody help me?

In French :
J'utilisais depuis prés de deux ans le logiciel OLYMPUS CAMEDIA
PhotoAlbum.
Récemment à l'ouverture j'ai eu le message suivant :
" Error #3445 - Erreur en créant ou en accédant à la base de données "
J'ai désinstallé le Logiciel et l'ai installé à nouveau...
J'ai toujours le même message à l'ouverture.
Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'aider ?
Jacques SEGALEN