Re: [OM] Zuiko 500mm f8 reflex

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 500mm f8 reflex
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:51:56 +0800
Hi Andrew,

Below please find some of my test shots with Zuiko 500mm, film RDP III.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~olympus/t500.htm

I don't have much experience on other reflex, just had a 600mm F8 Sigma 10
years ago. Just had very few shots with it, not bad but construction quite
weak. Due to some mechanical problem, it was sold. One and half years ago I
feel I badly need a Zuiko 500mm. Spending over one year to search  for a
cheaper one, I finally got a 9- at $380 locally. I have no chance to make a
side to side comparison between other reflex lenses but I'm a very happy
owner of the Zuiko, the resolution is fine and color is superb, never
thought a reflex with such good color.

Another shoot with Fuji Superia 200, 1/125s hand held, around 600KB which
gives some idea on the lens resolution.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~olympus/pict/500mm-a.jpg

This one is around 100K, shot by another Zuiko 500 happy owner.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~olympus/pict/Bride.jpg

C.H.Ling