[OM] Benbo 1's, defragging, and Epson Printers (Slightly OT)

Subject: [OM] Benbo 1's, defragging, and Epson Printers (Slightly OT)
From: colin.melhuish@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:31:28 +0200
Paul Reynolds wrote:

> In the Sunday Telegraph this week there is an ad for a printer
> cartridge refill system, claiming you can save up to 800f your print
> costs, from a company called Universal Inkjet System in Southampton.
> Has anyone tried this or something similar? According to the ad, you get
> replacement ink, injector, plug extractor and replacement plugs.
> Last time I tried to economise on ink for the Epson 750 I had disastrous
> results, the colours going haywire until I replaced the Jessops cartridge
> with an Epson one.

I have tried refilling cartridges using a similar system. It can be messy
and not as economical as you might think. I now get Epson compatible
cartridges from http://www.7dayshop.com/
Packs of three are a very reasonable price and the ink quality seems to be
as good as Epson's own. (7DayShop is also great for cheap film)

Regards,
Colin (lurking in digest mode)