Re: [OM] Serial #s [was] Lens Coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] Serial #s [was] Lens Coatings
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:42:16 -0800
Steven R. writes:

<< the best resource on which lenses were always SC, sometimes MC and
always MC is still Paul Farrar's list
http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html >>

I propose five changes to that list:
55mm f/1.2 = N
135mm f/3.5* = N
600 f/6.5 = S? (drop ? if someone finds a SC sample)
75-150mm f/4* = N
35mm f/2.8 Shift* = N? (change to S if someone finds a MC sample)

The * lenses were outright errors in the Olympus OM System Lens
Handbook, which we have agreed in the past could have used better
technical editing. The four editions of that book remain the only
primary source reference to call these lenses multicoated.

Credit is due to Gary Schloss who I extensively discussed this with.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV