Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2109

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2109
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:54:05 EST
I have until recently, owned 4 OM-10s. One of my remaining ones, as well as
almost countless others I have come across, suffered from the "oily magnet"
syndrome. Maybe the OM-10 *should* get little respect. (only with respect to
the usual Olympus OM quality).(I know- blasphemy!) As far as how many of
today's P&Ss will still be working in 20 years, maybe as many as the number
of 20 year old OM-10s. And don't believe that all these OM-10s on eBay are
"still serviceable." Most of the sellers on eBay have no clue (or won't admit
they DO) whether an OM-10 is fully functional.

George S.

miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  Even though the OM-10 gets little respect these days, it's still a quite
competent little camera. It's far more versitle than similarly priced P&S
cameras. And I question how many plastic P&S cameras will still be working in
20 years. >>