Re: [OM] Vinly -> CD VS Digital <- Film (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Vinly -> CD VS Digital <- Film (OT)
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:12:58 -0800
In a message dated 1/15/2001 "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< DVD recorders are just around the corner and will most likely replace
VHS >>

John is correct, between things like Tivo and Replay TV (the later being
a non-subscr*ption version) and recordable DVDs, VCRs as we know them
are all but dead. (This spoken by a consumer electronic repair tech of
the past 2+ decades...) Soon the only recording happening on magnetic
tape will be ones and zeros, not analog information.

Low cost DVD recorders must be right around the corner since Apple just
introduced the iDVD software and DVD recordable drives built into the
latest G4 desktops at Mac World last week. Lotta storage for those E10
files (Mandetory Olympus Content).

Not sure yet what this all means for film vs. digital yet. I am not
convinced film will die as quickly as some think...

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com