[OM] (Fwd) A little digital news

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) A little digital news
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:22:33 +0000

From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx Message-ID: <33.f51a13e.2794833a@xxxxxxx> Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:45:46 EST Subject: A little digital news

Article from Associated Press ran in my local paper today "Welcome to the
Digital Darkroom" is a story about the various online photo finishing
services where you mail your traditional film and they send you your
"prints" via email to your own photo album where you do the final
touch-ups. Sub*-headline was- " Even Old Time Shutterbugs Are Converting
To New Format."

Several interesting facts/views  were presented:

"The whole process is being offered just about for free to get customers
hooked. One outfit will process 24 rolls of your film in a 1 year peried
for a handling fee of $1.69 per roll."

"The end game is to get all the people still using film to go online and
then have them eventually migrate over to digital cameras." - Raj Kapoor,
CEO of "Snapfish".

"Digital cameras are like an oncoming tidal wave, and we are going to float
with the rising tide."- James Joaquin, CEO of "Ofoto."

"7 million digital cameras were shipped in 2000, and growth is expected to
rise an annual 40 per cent, on average, over the next four years."

Regards,
George S.