Re: [OM] [OT]Buy OM your life...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Buy OM your life...
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:54:22 -0600

> I thought that naturalists had pretty well settled on the fact that
> Alaskan brown bears and grizzly bears were the same animal.
>
> Winsor
> --

They are.  Ursus horribilis is separated into grizzles and brown bears
based on location and size.  The inland bears (grizzles) have a skimpier
diet as they do not have access to salmon runs like the coastal bears,
the brownies.  The bears on Kodiak island are the largest in North
America.  Russian browns on the Kamchatka pennisula are about as big.

Jerry Liles