Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "Richard Keefer" <Ric@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:10:15 -0500
No lawyer here.  But I have copyrighted several things.  In order for a
copyright to be effective you should file a form and pay a fee to the US
Copyright office.

It has been several years since I did my copyright filings but that is my
recollection.  Merely stating that something is copyrighted is often not
enough (That was the advice I received regarding several computer programs I
wrote some time ago), you need to prove that it is your work and that you
have filed the appropriate notice of your intent to keep the work out of the
public domain.

Just 2 cents from cold and snowy Vermont.

Ric

ps - got  the estimate from the OM Doctor today, no more than $80 for the
total repair. BUT THREE WEEKS NO CAMERA ---- Breath in ...... breath

THREE WEEKS.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!