[OM] Loony shots

Subject: [OM] Loony shots
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:01:38 -0800 (PST)
I remember some trick shots I used to try, during my early enthusiasm
with SLR photography. For example, with my first zoom lens, a Zuiko
35-70/4.0, I tried a few long exposures whilst zooming the lens from
35mm to 70mm. The camera was mounted on a tripod and the aperture
chosen so that the shutter spped was around 1/2 sec. This gave me time
to complete the zooming while the shutter was still open.

I tried various other kinds of tricks: playing around with filters,
double exposures, some where I took out the lens and projected the
image from a slide projector into the camera's empty lens mount, etc.
While most of those trick shots turned out (predictably) poorly, I did
occasionally manage to get interesting results. Been years since I
tried anything like that, though.

Anyone else prepared to admit trying a little loony photography - or
are you all too serious? ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray