Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:30:40 -0700
On 16 Jan 2001, at 12:51, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> I noticed your submissions to the Oly gallery are relatively recent:
> October 2000. Lycos must have ripped the site before that. The submission
> from for instance Doug Wever, submitted March 2000, is present in the Lycos
> database.

Hmmm....  Yeah, maybe that's why none of mine got in there.

> Still it looks as if the pictures were hand-picked; how else could the
> name of the photographer have been associated with the picture?

If that's the case, the person who's doing the picking should be fired!
Most of the pics that came up when I put my name in were Gawd-awful!
As well, there were a whole bunch of icons (e.g. the Tucows icon even
showed up!).  Frankly, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to
the thing, IMHO.

Regards,

Chris

---