RE: [OM] What kinda never-ready case is this???

Subject: RE: [OM] What kinda never-ready case is this???
From: Chris Johns <lc-johns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:39:53 -0600
I have one of those leather OM cases (I'm pretty sure it is anyway) that has sat in a box for 20 years...no I don't ever use it. But then I wanted "something" to keep my OM4 from getting nicked up when I throw it in my pack...so I made what looks like a sort of sock for it out of black polartec (lined in lightweight black ripstop). It doesn't weigh anything, and you can rip it off with one hand (it's velcro closure on top about where the hot shoe is). You wad it up in a little ball and shove it wherever (like a dirty sock). It only goes back on when I throw my camera back into a pack. I never carry my camera with it on. One nice thing about it is that I made it, so it is just the right size for a 90mm macro (tamron..not OM...darn) or my constantly-used tamron 35-80 2.8 macro zoom (which is also a pretty nice lens if you can only carry one).

If someone here really uses a case, then they can have mine for the shipping.

Chris