Re: [OM] To trade, or not to trade... That is the question!

Subject: Re: [OM] To trade, or not to trade... That is the question!
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:41:12 -0700
Thanks to everyone who's provided comments thus far.  If you haven't
thrown your $0.02 (in the currency of your choice) into the hat, please
feel free to go ahead and do so....  I'm still listening.  :-)

In the meantime, here's a couple of thoughts on what's been said thus
far:

1.  I'm surprised that the opinions are running heavily against the trade.
That's not to say the opinions don't make sense, I just thought people
would be more divided in their views.

2.  I agree with those saying it'd be foolish to trade a known in-good-
shape camera for one that may or may not be in good shape.  That's
been a major factor in my quandry.

3.  I hadn't thought 'bout how the black bodies show wear more
prominently.  I've kinda been hankering for a black body cuz, IMHO,
they look more "professional."  I'm gonna hafta give some more thought
on that one.

4.  Someone mentioned buying both, and someone else mentioned
putting it on layaway.  Unfortunately, that store doesn't do layaway, and
I already owe them both for Cori's Christmas gift (a Pentax SMC-A 80-
200 zoom) and the Zuiko 200/4 I just acquired.

5.  Someone mentioned that the warranty on mine wouldn't apply if I did
the trade.  Multi Camera (Arcadia, Calif.) has told me that the warranty
is transferrable.  However, as was also mentioned, the person would
have to send it back to them if it required warranty service.

Anyway, I'm going to at least go and take a look at it, tomorrow.  Will I
do the trade???  I kinda doubt it, ESPECIALLY given the overwhelming
advice from my Oly List Friends urging me to pass.  But, it doesn't hurt
to take a look....  right???  :-)

Thanks, again, for the comments.  You're a GREAT bunch of people,
and I value your opinions!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  If (when?) I pass on the trade, I'll ask him how much he wants for
it and I'll post his response here along with my assessment of it's
condition.  Maybe someone else might be interested, no?  :-)

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill