Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:58:24 -0500

I wondered why they picked some and not others too. My 13 that show up are from the U Oly Gallery. But 17 from the same site showed up on the regular Lycos search engine at lycos.com. And at Hot Bot a hit for TOPE 2 lists all the contributers but no photos.

Gregg

From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>

: I put my name in and didn't come up with anything belonging to me.
: So, at least Lycos is discriminating and only puts-up links to GOOD
: pictures!  <Grin!>

I noticed your submissions to the Oly gallery are relatively recent: October
2000. Lycos must have ripped the site before that. The submission from for
instance Doug Wever, submitted March 2000, is present in the Lycos database.
Still it looks as if the pictures were hand-picked; how else could the name
of the photographer have been associated with the picture? Besides, in my
case they also made a selection: they picked 5 from the 12 images I have on
the Oly Gallery. The other two are from ADITL1 & ADITL3.

hnz