Re: [OM] T20 inop on Auto

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 inop on Auto
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:28:59 EST
Chris writes:

<< I have just acquired a T20 in excellent condition but which does not
 seem to operate properly  on Auto: the check light does not
 illuminate in light conditions when I would expect it to and the
 recycling time is always the same (12 seconds).  Is there any obvious
 thing that I might be doing wrong?

Chris,
   I find that sometimes the flash will trigger correctly even if the shoe is
slightly mispositioned but the quench signal connection is then erratic
causing the flash to do a full dump everytime.
    Try playing around with the shoe position with no film in the camera,a
white piece of paper in the film gate and "photographing" a white wall to
guarantee a short duration flash. A short recycle time is then very easy to
spot when the quench signal is getting through.
   Also try checking if it will work on non-ttl auto which does not use the
camera quench signal.? If this works it makes it more likely to be shoe
related.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes