Re: [OM] Value of 50mm1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Value of 50mm1.8
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:41:19 EST
In a message dated 1/15/01 5:07:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Andrew Fildes asks if they (50mm 1.8) have any uses, and if anyone has ever
> bought a used OM10.

Andrew:

Last year I purchased five used OM-10s and six Zuiko 50mm/f1.8 lenses. Two of
the OM-10s had the manual adapters with them. Four of the OM-10s with
50mm/f1.8 were gifts or purchases for beginners. Two went to adults. Two went
to grandchildren. The other OM-10 w/50mm/f1.8 lens is reserved for a future
gift. The sixth (new) 50mm/f1.8 is a personal spare, usually kept on a spare
OM-4 body.

The OM-10s averaged around $100 each, including necessary repairs, refoaming
and CLSAs. The 50mm/f1.8 lenses averaged around $25 each. I consider $125 per
camera with lens a good buy, considering the superb condition of each
combination after a complete reconditioning. I expect each recipient to get
years of use from them.

Robert