Re: [OM] second body

Subject: Re: [OM] second body
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:18:32 EST
In a message dated 1/17/01 8:33:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
image66@xxxxxxxxx (Ken Norton) writes (re the OM-2S):

>  am sick and tired of hearing people grousing about the
>  battery life and how it "lets you down" when you need
>  it most.  Huh?

My feelings, too, Ken.  That's what extra batteries are for.  It's not that
much more difficult to change out batteries than to dig out and switch over
to another "backup" body (and maybe having to swap lenses, open up or remove
a "never ready" case, etc).

If I get 6 mo. life out of the batteries in my OM-2S, I'll be happy.   I
don't intend on EVER leaving 1 roll of film in either of my OMs for months
from now on.  There are too many photo ops out there.

I remove the batteries each time I'm through shooting.  That's gotta help,
even though it's kind of a pain.  But it is also just simply good practice.
Leaving batteries in any consumer electronic device for long periods of time
is basically asking for trouble.

Carrying extra batteries for the OM-2S is a small price to pay, in my
opinion, to insure I can finish taking all the pics I want to on any given
outing.  Oh sure, I may occasionally miss a shot or two if it goes down in
the middle of a shoot, but how many of those events will I really miss, over
time?  Not many, I'm betting.

A Ferrari takes a lot of time, money, and attention to keep it on the road,
running at its full potential.  You think I would pass up a chance to own
one, if I could somehow swing it?  Not on your LIFE!  Ditto with boats.
Something ALWAYS rotting, breaking down, needing time and attention and more
$$$.  I CAN'T WAIT to get my next one, and pour more money into that hole in
the water ("Nothing is so much worth doing as simply messing about in
boats").  Extra batteries and a little futzing with them to keep the OM-2S
going?  Not an issue for me.  It's a photographic Ferrari.

Rich