Re: [OM] To trade, or not to trade... That is the question!

Subject: Re: [OM] To trade, or not to trade... That is the question!
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:45:32 -0800 (PST)
Chris O'Neill wrote:

Thanks to everyone who's provided comments thus far.  If you haven't
thrown your $0.02 (in the currency of your choice) into the hat, please

feel free to go ahead and do so....  I'm still listening.  :-) (snip)
Chris, some thoughts about the points you made:

> 1.  I'm surprised that the opinions are running heavily against the
> trade.  That's not to say the opinions don't make sense, I just
> thought people would be more divided in their views.

My vote would be to trade IF you're satisfied the black 'un works OK.
You obviously weant to and it's no bigger a risk than buying any other
used camera.

> 2.  I agree with those saying it'd be foolish to trade a known in-
> good-shape camera for one that may or may not be in good shape.
> That's been a major factor in my quandry.

True but if you check it out properly it won't be a blind trade, will
it?

> 3.  I hadn't thought 'bout how the black bodies show wear more
> prominently.  I've kinda been hankering for a black body cuz, IMHO,
> they look more "professional."  I'm gonna hafta give some more
> thought on that one.

The fact that black bodies show wear more readily suggests that a black
one in good shape is a very good sign. After you've owned and used it
for a while, it may not look quite so smart, of course. I know what you
mean about black looking more professional; I think the tiny OM-2 body
looks good in black too, whereas some bigger cameras look clumsy in
black.

(snip)
> Anyway, I'm going to at least go and take a look at it, tomorrow.
> Will I do the trade???  I kinda doubt it, ESPECIALLY given the
> overwhelming advice from my Oly List Friends urging me to pass.
> But, it doesn't hurt to take a look....  right???  :-)

That's right!! Go for it!! Who knows when you'll get another chance?
I'm kinda hoping you'll end up making the trade being pleased with the
outcome.  Fingers crossed!

Regards,

=====
Ray