Re: [OM] My pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] My pictures
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:14:13 +0000
At 04:18 1/18/01, Albert Yang wrote:
http://www.achtung.com/images/om-1/

Be that as it may, I took a few shots of roughly the same building
(City hall of the city of Pasadena) with my Tokina 90mm, and then my
Zuiko 50mm f/1.8, and 28mm f/2.8.

[snip]

I would love your comments!  Thanks!  I personally think the pictures
I have in hand look better than the scanned ones, but that's life...

My originals always look better than even super hi-res PhotoCD scans downsized for web use. Regardless of what you do, a computer monitor will not display the detail, nor can any affordable scanner capture the dynamic range of contrast present in the original.

Excellent that you explored the subject from different perspectives using different focal lengths! Assuming you live near there, you might try shooting it again at different times of day (on a clear, sunny day) to observe how the quality of light and shadows change between morning, mid-day and afternoon/evening. Then find the few that look best to you, compare them to the others, and make notes about what you did, and why one looks better, or is more interesting than another (such as the direction of the light or how you composed it).

Keep shooting!

-- John