Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:57:10 +0100
:For those who have their own sites and want to do this, see the following about
:how to add site code that restricts what spiders can access:
: >  http://www.kollar.com/robots.html

:
: Yeah, I debated whether or not to put a "robots.txt" file on the Gallery when
: I first put it up, and decided against it -- I wanted the Gallery to be found
in
: search engines.
:
: Just not like this.  :-/

I've seen commercial sites that just don't allow images or subpages to be
directly accessed from other domains, to prevent the advertisement banners to be
skipped and the images be stolen by web copying software. Some sort of script
running on the server, I guess.

hnz