Re: RE : [OM] HIDING YOUR CAMERA BRAND?

Subject: Re: RE : [OM] HIDING YOUR CAMERA BRAND?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:36:39 EST
In a message dated 1/17/01 10:54:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
teojim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyone out there black tape "OLYMPUS" on any of your OM body?
>  Maybe it is a way to keep your camera brand a mystery to others.

Are you kidding?  My Olympus cameras are two of my most prized possessions.
I can't wait to have an "in your face" experience with some young N*k*n or
C*n*n owner who was not in the market for an SLR during the 70's and 80's,
and observe the look on their face as they see first hand the size of my OM
gear, and wonder what they are missing.

Rich

P.S.  I have seen SLR's in movies with the name blacked out.  Guess they
didn't want to provide free publicity for whomever.