Re: [OM] 35DC Rangefinder

Subject: Re: [OM] 35DC Rangefinder
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:07:55 +0900
> Anyone out there in Zuikoland use/own/heard of the 35DC Rangefinder?

Hi Colin, I have one and I love it.
In Japan, almost half of the Olympus rangefinder cameras found in
used camera stores are DCs.  They are available from about 40 USD
here but I paid 150 USD for mine.  Since the 35SP was a manual
camera and difficult to use for many people, 35DC was introduced as
a consumers' model and became popular.  I think the 35RD was an
export model (modified DC with manual features), and 35RC didn't
sell so much, so RDs and RCs are rather rare here.

One thing you should be careful about the DC: You may like to shoot
at slower shutter speeds to make full use of the fast lens, but the
shutter speed governor seems to govern the speed of the leaves.
Maybe for that reason, the shutter seems to be actually open for a
longer time than indicated, especially at slower shutter speeds.  So
be careful when shooting objects moving fast.

kazuya matsumoto