[OM] FOR SALE

Subject: [OM] FOR SALE
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:25:47 -0800 (PST)
Ok, everybody.  Here goes.  I thought I had these
sold, but the buyer couldn't raise the funds so...

For Sale:

OM-1md, Chrome. 1,123,3xx
Clean and accurate.  Very sharp, minor wear marks, but
otherwise excellent in every way.  Last CLA'd and had
new foam installed by Camtech April 1998. Comes with
the hotshoe (no cracks that I know of).  Choice of
screens 1-1 (microprism/matte) or 1-13
(split/microprism/matte).  Includes two PX625 Mercury
batteries.  Looks much cleaner and newer than my IS-3!
 This camera works!  I truely use it--it isn't any
closet queen of questional functionality.  I've had it
almost as long as the OM-2S.  Metering is accurate
enough to keep Velvia happy. Price of USD $165
includes shipping to destinations USA or Canada.

Tokina AT-X 35-70/2.8 Zoom
You've heard me rave about this lens for years.  This
is an extremely good performer. Only visible flaw is
some minor abrasion on the aperature ring and lens
body from a fight with the Bogan hex plate.  (my shift
lens has the same problem of not enough space).
Nothing to get excited about by any means. This lens
is F22-2.8 and is a true 2.8, not a variable.  About
the same size and weight at an OM body (takes the same
slot size in my bag).  This has been my "event
photography" lens, including weddings, etc., and is
only being replaced by the IS-3.  Glass, I believe is
excellent, except I see a spot inside that could be a
fungi, but has been there (at that very same size) for
years.  I've been proud of this lens and am offering
it for sale with deep pain.  Legend has it that this
is the Tokina 28-80/2.8 limited to the best range for
maximum sharpness and non-existant distortion.  I've
never found any visible distortion (pincushion or
barrel) with this lens.  With extension tubes, this
makes a decent macro lens and is quite flat fielded
down to a tested 1:1.  Includes a rubber lens hood and
if I can find it, a skylight filter.  This is the only
lens I've ever bought new!  I'm asking USD $175 which
includes shipping to USA/Canada addresses.

I am willing to ship these anywhere in the world, but
insurance and shipping costs may vary the price
slightly.

For serious inquiries I will email digital photos of
the above equipment.

Please contact me offlist at image66@xxxxxxxxx or call
me at 641-791-2306.  First dollars takes the
equipment.  I can have these shipping as soon as
dollars are confirmed.

Thank you,

Ken Norton
Image66 Photography