Re: [OM] [OT] weird mail experience

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] weird mail experience
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:51:56 -0800
Alan,
Perhaps the package was delivered to the wrong household, opened (for
whatever reason), and later placed in your mailbox with other incoming mail?
Mail carriers are not perfect, and neighbors aren't any better.

As for privacy, if the package was not mailed first class, the usps can open
and inspect to be sure the correct class of postage is purchased. The
following is from the Domestic Mail Manual:

"The USPS may open
mail other than First-Class Mail or Express Mail to determine whether the
proper
rate of postage is paid. Material wrapped or packaged so that it cannot be
examined easily or examined without destruction or serious damage is closed
against postal inspection and is charged the appropriate First-Class Mail or
Express Mail rate."

Just some thoughts...
Mickey