[OM] Re 35SPn Rangefinder

Subject: [OM] Re 35SPn Rangefinder
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:30:02 EST
>I'd like to hear more comments about the pros and cons of the 35SP(n)
rangefinder, as well as what people think they're worth.  Btw, I thought
the 35SP(n) was both manual and AE???  That's what the page at
Cameraquest alleges:<

The 35SP has a manual and a program mode along with a Spot-meter function
unique to fixed lens RF cameras.  It uses EV designation in a meter readout
in the viewfinder.  I have found that the Program mode works very well in
most outdoor situations.  The SPn is a minor change in the SP  and has a
battery check button on it that the SP lacks.  As far as I know that is the
only mechanical difference.  The SPn is cosmetically different but optically
identical.  Additionally it has the "Flashmatic" system.  You set the guide
No. for your strobe (I use a T-20) and as you focus it changes the aperture
to the correct setting for the guide number.  It is dead on on my SP.

I am on the look out for a nice SPn.

Dave Dougherty