Re: [OM] 35DC Rangefinder

Subject: Re: [OM] 35DC Rangefinder
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:51:43 +0800
Hi Colin,

I also got a like new 35DC and three RDs (one just sold), the DC only
work from to 1/15s to 1/500s and there is no manual mode. The 35RD is
much better which work from 1/2s to 1/500s in shutter priority mode,
but optically they are the same. I never put any film on the DC, the
shutter do looks fine, but as kazuya Matsumoto mentioned the low
shutter speed is very strange, the leaves open and close slowly. May
be it is how it gives you an equivalent 1/15s speed, similar case for
35EC.

Concerning the 35RC, the lens is very sharp, if you found any
resolution problem, it could be focus adjustment off. It is a very
rigid compact camera, most of them were well used, hard to find a like
new. The RD is quite weak, most of the samples on ebay "look" very
good, they could be failed very early after people bought it so there
were no chance to make well use of them.

C.H.Ling