Re: [OM] second body

Subject: Re: [OM] second body
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:28:53 -0800 (PST)
Rich wrote:
<snip>
> in the context of
>  the 2S as a back-up camera - I wouldn't want to rely on it for that.
>  Like you, I've found that, in regular use over 15 years, the 2S has
>  been fine.

Ray, you realize, of course, that you are contradicting yourself here,
don't you?  Or am I misunderstanding you?
I'll try to make my opinion clearer. I believe that a camera used as
backup may get infrequent use but must, nevertheless, be available and
ready for use whenever the main camera cannot be used, for any reason.
I don't see the 2S fulfilling that role. Better choices exist for a
backup camera, IMHO.

As Ken says, the 2S works OK if regularly used, i.e. not as a backup
but as the main camera. I agree with that and the role of my 2S is as
my main camera, with my 2n as backup. Also, FWIW, I have found my 2S to
be more accurate than my 2n for exposure measurement; in fact, the 2S
seems perfect in that regard and that's as good a reason as any to use
it as the main camera!

[Disclaimer: All of this is IMHO, based on my own experience. Others
may hold different views and I wouldn't argue that they are wrong.]

Regards,

=====
Ray