Re: [OM] Now, how 'bout the 35SP(n)??? (Was: 35DC Rangefinder)

Subject: Re: [OM] Now, how 'bout the 35SP(n)??? (Was: 35DC Rangefinder)
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:56:04 -0800 (PST)
kazuya matsumoto wrote:
Excuse me. Yes, 35SP is both manual and EE.  I meant, 35DC was
simplified for those who don't need features like manual mode and
spot metering.  Also, 35SP is much bigger than 35DC.  But, the list
price of 35SP was about 11 USD lower than the price of 35DC. Now 35SPs
are rare and expensive (usually over 160 USD in Japan) and most of them
look very old.
As far as I know, the 35DC is more likely to have been derived from the
35RD than the 35SP. BTW, the 35RD and 35SP lenses are *not* the same,
even though they have same focal length and maximum aperture. The 35SP
has a higher quality lens, with 1 extra element. It is also, as you
say, a bigger and heavier camera.

Regards,

=====
Ray