Re: [OM] Now, how 'bout the 35SP(n)??? (Was: 35DC Rangefinder)

Subject: Re: [OM] Now, how 'bout the 35SP(n)??? (Was: 35DC Rangefinder)
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:50:57 +0900
> As far as I know, the 35DC is more likely to have been derived from the
> 35RD than the 35SP. BTW, the 35RD and 35SP lenses are *not* the same,
> even though they have same focal length and maximum aperture. The 35SP
> has a higher quality lens, with 1 extra element. It is also, as you
> say, a bigger and heavier camera.

Sorry again for my confusing mail due to lack of language power. I
didn't say 35DC was derived from 35SP.

According to the camera history list of Olympus:

1. 35SP was introduced in 1969.
2. 35DC was introduced in 1971 (as a new model).
3. 35SPN was introduced in 1972.
4. 35DC with battery checker was introduced in 1974.
5. 35RD was introduced in 1975 as an export model.

This is why we Japanese believe that 35DC is the original and 35RD
is the variant.  (But I'm not sure.  You know, OM-2 is the original
and OM-1 is the variant.)

kazuya matsumoto
(hoping not increasing confusion)