Re: [OM] Why Not?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why Not?
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:36:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, mikew wrote:

> Okay, here it is:  Why can't the negatives be copied to CDs?  My
> (simplistic, no doubt) thought is that with using a negative, you don't get
> into all of the subjective aspects of using a negative to generate the print
> on the CD.  Just copy it out there with no adjustments.  Maybe allowances
> would have to be made for variations in negative density, but other than
> that, just put it on the CD as is.  Now I don't need a fancy schmancy
> (shmancy?) film scanner.

Erm, Mike, how do you propose to get the negatives onto the CD *without*
using a fancy schmancy film scanner??

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |