Re: [OM] Re: Put your OM talent to use

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Put your OM talent to use
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:36:41 +0000
At 15:45 1/19/01, Mike Swaim wrote:
35mm format just doesn't fare too well when enlarged to make borderless 8"x10" prints, or perhaps I'm just getting really picky. I'm still working on getting consistant borders for 35mm prints printed to 6"x9" on 8"x10" paper. Done right, with a "frameless" mount they look pretty good.

Can't help you with the 6x9's but you might try getting 8x12 prints. Most pro labs will do them from 35mm now. They can be framed with a matte in an 11x14 or 12x16 frame. I haven't found ready-made 8x12 mattes, but getting one cut where I've gotten the frames isn't that much more.

-- John