Re: [OM] Some E-10 Test shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Some E-10 Test shots
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:18:40 +0800
Thanks Chuck, all DCs perform best at low ISO (less noise), CCD require
light to charge up, less light means less charge and the output will be
less. The noise is also related to the whole electronics circuit design like
the noise of the amplifier to enlarge the signal and other components'
noise.

Consider a white level to charged a CCD can gives an output of 1000uV (just
an example, I think CCD gives much less), with increasing of ISO to 400 the
CCD can only output 250uV. With a shadow light level that original gives an
output of 4uV now it only gives 1uV. At low output level the noise of the
circuit come into play, say if the noise of the amp is 2uV you can no longer
resolve the shadow. Actually the CCD itself also has dark noise, a light
level of too low may be already very close to this level and hard to
resolve.

Obviously if the noise level is too high, the resolution will also be
affected.

C.H.Ling