Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:08:43 -0500
I know what you mean, Chris. At my company's Christmas party, I too mounted
my trusty 50/1.4 to my OM-2n. I opted for the 2n over my 1n because I was
worried that I would not be able to see the meter in the low light. I was
right and the camera spent most of the night on auto. I used the same Fuji
1600 film, opened up the lens and let the camera do the rest. Focusing was
tough in the very low light, but I managed OK (later I learned about zone
focusing - so that's what those numbers on the lens are for - d'oh!).

I was very unobtrusive and got lots of candid shots. Many people didn't even
notice me and those who did wondered how I was taking pictures without a
flash. As a new photographer, the most uncomfortable person that night was
me. The shots came out great, and now adorn our company bulletin board. I
even got one of my boss that I will reserve for bonus time next month - but
that's another story...

Mike V.