Re: [OM] Re: value of 50/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: value of 50/1.8
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 09:19:24 GMT
Dirk Wright wrote:

>  I find it very surprising that the OM3 would have been the best,
>based on the
>  lens tests.

>From my original message:

> Top placing goes to Olympus OM3Ti for providing quite simply the best
> overall set of slides on show.

The OM3Ti obviously didn't win based on the results of just the 50mm lens
test! There is much more to the OM3Ti than the 50/1.8, and more to getting
the best slides than just optics. I think the meter may just have a role
here. If you want to read it copies can probably be obtained from Oldtimer
Cameras, who have a vast stock of AP camera tests as well as instruction
books etc. There is a searchable database on the website: www.f22.co.uk

Simon E.