Re: [OM] ........HIDING YOUR CAMERA BRAND?.......

Subject: Re: [OM] ........HIDING YOUR CAMERA BRAND?.......
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:52:59 GMT
>At least until the early 1970s the BBC used to blank out the names of
>musical instruments, pianos being the most evident, that featured in
>their televised concert programs.

On kids' TV programme Blue Peter they used odd names for things like
sellotape ("sticky-backed plastic") - it took me years to realise they were
the same thing. Branded items like Corn Flake packets _always_ had the names
blanked out. It seemed a little bizarre, but at least there were no bl**dy
adverts. Those who have lived without experiencing the delights of the BBC
(whether TV or radio) really won't know what they've missed.

Simon E.