Re: [OM] Need help from one of our brethern across "the pond"

Subject: Re: [OM] Need help from one of our brethern across "the pond"
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:46:38 +0100
Once Upon a 21 Jan 01, rtomcala wrote me about [OM] Need help from one of our
brethern across "t something like:

>   I am attempting to arrange the sale of an Olympus item to an
> individual who resides in Sweden.  The following questions arise.

I've had some serious OM-acrosstheatlantic experience in the past
month, with about 8 items sent (I know, I know, I'll join the therapy
group next week). I don't know if answers from Spain will do, but you
may find them useful.

>   1.  What is the best way for him to make payment in USD ?

If you're not into paypal or billpoint, and prefer a money order, why
don't you try this: Set up an ebay auction for the price of the item
with a "buy it" button. Tell him to buy it. He can pay with Visa at
bidpay.com (you will get a regular money order at your mail adress).
Drawback: It has to be him getting the auction ;)

I believe there are some methods that don't involve setting up an
auction, but can't tell which ones. I'm sure someone from the list
will get that.

>   2.  What is the best way for me to ship the item to him ?

I would reckon that USPS insured air mail will do the trick. It's
reasonably cheap, it's quite reliable and normally fast enough to
avoid the nerves of not getting the OM stuff. Courier are way too
expensive. Most shipments for OM gear range from $15 to $20 to
Europe.

>   3.  What is the best way to minimize undesirable effects of tariffs ?

I supose you mean taxes? I have had no problem whatsoever with those,
since material was used one. However Sweden may be tougher on that...
Can't really help with this one.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Quique (Enrique Cabrera)       qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx

A real Nowhere Man, sitting in his Nowhereland
The Spanish Beatles page          http://www.upv.es/beatles
The Ultimate Beatles Archives     http://www.gmf.upv.es/beatles
      THE END         (And,in the end, the love you take
                            is equal to the love you make)