[OM] Batteries

Subject: [OM] Batteries
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:25:46 -0800
My Sekonic L508 meter takes one AA battery. Unless I put in a partially
expired battery at the end of November it does seem to have drained
quite quickly. Maybe these meters are rapid battery drainers.

There are the regular Duracell copper top and Energizer bunny AAs, some
AAs called "Ultra Duracell" and I think a like label from Energizer,
also some so called "Titanium technology" AAs from Energizer, I think,
which has a silver / white body, also rechargeable Alkalines, and Nikel
Metal Hydride [sp?] AAs. Maybe there are other sorts of AAs but these
are the ones carried by a nearby drug store.

The battery counter people told me that the "Ultra Duracell" AA is
specially designed for devices like video cameras which eat up battery
power and are not designed for lower draining products like light meters
and Sony Walkmans. In fact I was told they are a waste of money for
light meters.

Is there any one AA battery that has a longer life than others when used
in light meters and flash guns, and especially the F280?

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC